We are looking for a contract person (or persons) to take care of our digital networking, marketing and event management requirements.
Joeys Alumni is the past-pupils association for St. Joseph’s Secondary School, Fairview, Dublin 3. The alumni association has been established for many years but in the past few years it has become very active in relation to raising funds for the school. Today, our focus will emphasise engaging alumni and finding ways for them to network.
St Joseph’s was established in Fairview by the Irish Christian Brothers in 1888, initially as a Primary School and shortly thereafter as both Primary and Secondary Schools. Patronage of both schools was transferred to the Edmund Rice Schools Trust (ERST) in 2008. Joeys is now a DEIS school with a higher-than-average proportion of special needs students. The school has a long-established history of student success and becomes co-educational from September 2023 onwards, welcoming girls as pupils for the first time in its over 130-year history. Today there are 250 students studying in the Secondary and 100 in the Primary. Click the following links for more information:
Summary of Need (:
Joeys Alumni are seeking professional support to advance its aims. Specifically, we have identified the following supports:
· Networking activities both in-person and online.
· Event Management.
· Support fundraising activities.
· Digital marketing to members and stakeholders.
· Administrative support.
Joey’s Alumni has a database of 1,900 past pupils located around the world. We have an active core committee group. We run an annual dinner, an annual golf classic, have a scholarship programme for Leaving Certificate students going to university funded by past pupils and several active WhatsApp groups.
It is expected that the contractors will
· Drive awareness of Joeys Alumni (Past Pupils’ Union for Coláiste Iósaif, Fairview).
· Membership engagement through digital channels.
· Create, post, and update content, monitor and handle social interactions and campaigns and
· Perform other work (including event management) to bolster the profile, network engagement and income of Joeys Alumni.
This work is being tendered for independent contractors. This may suit one contractor or a team of contractors.
Precise Duties / Deliverables to be negotiated / agreed with candidates - will include:
· Organise Alumni events:
· Annual Dinner
· Golf Classic
· Business Breakfast event
· Manage, build and maintain our contact database:
· Manage our CRM database
· Follow up with members, whose email newsletters have been unopened for long periods, to make them aware of ways they can better engage with Joeys Alumni, using online & other communication channels.
· Conduct periodic email & social media campaigns
· Work with committee to get 6th years to sign-up
· Find unconnected alumni on social media, invite to engage & record progress on database records.
· Take responsibility for communications with Alumni:
· Compile periodic Newsletters on matters of interest to members
· Stimulate engagement with Anniversary Years:
· Set up and create engagement with WhatsApp Groups for “Anniversary Years”:
o Make phone calls to contacts in those years & get people to act as “contacts”, incl. that they will act as email signatories
o Tailor pro forma emails (including header), targeted at members from anniversary years, encouraging them to join their year’s WhatsApp Group and attend specific events
o Create CRM mailing lists for individual anniversary years
· Draft, get approval for and post brief headline articles with photos on Social Media pages, linked to more detailed articles / related photo gallery pages on our website - all aimed creating interest in and selling tickets to our events.
· Manage and keep our website and social media pages up to date to stimulate and maintain interest in Joeys Alumni, including:
· Draft & post photos and short, eye-catching information pieces on matters relating to the school and Joeys Alumni, including:
o Photos from our online photo library
o Take photos related to school & Joeys Alumni activities / projects
· Follow up with people posting on our social media channels to further engage. Connect, fully complete online sign up, etc.
· Take photos & keep library up to date:
· Use and develop the existing filing structure to make it easy to retrieve photos by LC Year, event, etc.
· Take & add photos of Alumni & school events to our filing system.
· Work with committee on various projects:
· Fundraising Campaigns and with website developer and Treasurer to provide the necessary website facility to enable it to happen
· Setting up events on WhatsApp in ways that make them easy to attract people to attend
· Running marketing campaigns on our CRM, website and social media pages to attract people to pre-pay online and attend
· Organising social / networking / school tour events
• Strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills.
• Proven competencies in social media and digital marketing.
• Relevant academic or professional qualification in business or marketing is desirable.
• Good working knowledge of primary, secondary and third level education is desirable.
• Must be legally entitled to work full time in Ireland for any employer.
Demonstrable ability and knowledge of the following would be an advantage:
· Target marketing
· Developing and implementing social media campaigns
· Website content / co-ordination with website operator
· Liaison / co-ordination with people responsible for our website
The ideal people will be independent, self-employed contractors. This is not being offered as an employment position. We are seeking tenders and proposals from suitable individuals / teams on how they would propose to fulfil the needs of Joey’s Alumni. Please send a proposal by email with a closing date of Friday 17th November 2023 at 5.00 pm Irish time. Initial expressions of interest can be made to David Rafferty, President, Joey’s Alumni. For an initial conversation please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set up a call with you to answer any queries you may have.